and the best of The Daily Ed
I post to the main blog (front page of the site) on a regular basis.
Many of these entries are Twitter-like posts of only fleeting relevance. Something happens, I comment. I move on.
The entries linked below are longer pieces that I see as having a longer shelf life. The topics range from book publishing and writing to politics and culture.
The tone, likewise, varies from the purely informative and the lighthearted, to the unabashedly opinionated.
- Rereading Lovecraft in 2021
- Gen Xers and the mall
- Barry Farber: talk show host and author
- Ayn Rand and me
- Daylight savings 2020
- Generation X and helicopter parenting
- James Clavell’s novels, ranked
- Why you should read Stephen King’s Night Shift short story collection
- Rewatching Platoon (1986)
- Neil Peart (1952 – 2020)
- “Trigger warnings” and the writer
- How New Year’s Eve 1986 made me swear off alcohol
- The Karate Kid (1984), and the perils of adults writing about teens
- Rereading ‘Salem’s Lot after 35 years
- The Breakfast Club: it’s strengths…and yes, it’s flaws
- The Apple Store business model is broken
- My top three recurring dreams
- Southern Ohio’s Dead Man’s Curve
- The best rock albums of the 1980s
- Digital sharecropping in the social media age
- Binge-watching The Sopranos in 2018